Monday, November 29, 2010

OK --1st off I know it's an UGLY picture!!  I know!!  But this is soooooo yummy that no matter how ugly it is you will soon make this one of your FAVORITE breakfast foods ever!!  (EVER!!)

My mom gave me this recipe.  We used to eat this at a place called The Oak Table Cafe where we lived in Sequim WA.  My mom ask what was in it & they told her, so she went home & made it.  We've been making it on special occasions ever since.  I made it Thanksgiving weekend for our family.


1. Croissants (I used mini ones) - cut in 1/2
2. Fresh Spinach
3. Fresh Mushrooms Sliced
4. Eggs for Scrambling (I added a little milk to mine)
5. Onion Choped (I used sweet yellow)
6. Cooking Sherry
7. Salt/Pepper
8. Olive Oil

Hollandaise Sauce -- See Recipe HERE
You'll need : Eggs, Butter, Lemon, Cayenne, Salt

Put oil in skillet, cook onions until clear.  Add mushrooms & spinach & sherry.  Cook until almost done.  Add egg mix & cook eggs until scrambled, done, & mixed w/ veggies.  Add salt & pepper.  Keep warm in skillet while you make sauce.

Once you've made sauce, put croissants on plate cut in 1/2 & top w/ egg mix, then pour sauce on top - serve hot & immediately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment