Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wrapped Asparagus


I made these for the teachers lunch the other day and had a ton of people ask how to make them, so I thought I'd pass it along. There really is no "recipe" but they are yummy, and easy to make, fun to take to a party & we even ate them for dinner with side of couscous & bread.
1. Asparagus stalks (how ever many you want to serve)
2. Thin sliced prosciutto (I ask the deli to slice it very thin)
3. Thin sliced swiss cheese (Again I ask the deli to slice very thin)
Blanch the asparagus for a few minutes just to take the major "crunch" out. Put in cold water to stop the cooking process.
Take a slice of swiss & wrap around each stalk & then cover with a slice of prosciutto. (many times the cheese & proscuitto are too long so I cut each of them in 1/2 & wrap each stalk w/ only 1/2 of each)
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or so. You just want to melt the cheese & "toast" the meat a little bit. Serve warm.
I even count the # of stalk I have & ask the delli for #'s. Like if I have 30 stalks of asparagus I'll ask for 15 slices of prosciutto & swiss.

1 comment: