Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blizzard Party Mix

I normally make caramel corn for Halloween, but my family never eats it.  I end up being left to eat what I can and then toss the rest.  This year I decided to forgo the caramel corn and make this party mix instead and the family definately helped eat it!!
Blizzard Party Mix
2 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 cups small pretzel twists
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup (about 20) coarsely chopped caramels
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
  1. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Combine cereal, pretzels, peanuts and caramels in large bowl.
  3. Microwave morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
  4. Spread mixture into prepared baking pan; let stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until firm. Break into bite-size pieces.
Makes 8 servings.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites...it's in my recipe binder...and if I'm not mistaken I think it came from you. You all HAVE to try this, it's yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Last year sharp shopper had the little mini caramel drops for $0.99 -- they are perfect to use..if you see them grab a few bags (for me too!!)

    ReplyDelete