Friday, October 1, 2010

** This is a photo of a photo from the cook-book. I didn't take a picture before we ate & ALL of it was gone before I knew it. Anne Marie & Mike had 2nds - so I guess it was well liked**


Thai Chicken Barbecue
1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
1 TB fresh lime-juice
3 cloves of garlic - minced
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper (and it did NOT make it too hot!!)
1/2 tsp curry powder (I used red becuase it's what I had - green would be good too)
2 lbs (about) chicken parts -- I used skinless-boneless thighs
Combine 1st 6 ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Add chicken piecees - shake & marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours - turn bag occasionally if you can.
Remove hicken from marinade, reserving marinade - place into saucepan & bring to a "good boil". Remove from heat.
Coat grill rack w/ cooking apray. Turn gril to med. heat. Grill meat uncovered for about 20 - 25 minutes while cooking make sure you turn & baste w/ marinade.
**** Just a side note - the curry & pepper makes it sounds like it's hot, however it was NOT too hot for Anne Marie - so no worries!!! ****

No comments:

Post a Comment