Friday, October 8, 2010

"Healthy" Bean & Mushroom Burrito


This recipe is a mix of one I found on the Internet searching for "organic recipes" and some changes I made on my own. It was good. (and YAY! I got to eat beans!! - Mike had to work until 11pm, so I treated myself - and Anne Marie - to a "healthy-Taco-Bell" option from home) Please realize there is NO EXACT MEASUREMENTS -- these are guesses & it depends on how many people you're serving!! It was just two of us!
whole wheat tortillas
organic re-fried beans (you can use w/ chili's, but we did not)
chopped peppers (you can use jalapeno, but we used red pepper to keep the "heat" down)
chopped onion
portabella mushrooms chopped
tomatoes chopped
avocado chopped
shredded cheese (we used white-sharp-cheddar)
sprouts (we used broccoli sprouts)
cumin
cheyenne powder or chili powder (I used cheyenne)
salt
olive oil
* In sauce pan put in olive oil & add onions - cook until tender. Add chopped pepper & chopped mushrooms. Cook a few more minutes until those are tender. Add re-fried beans (depending on how many people you're serving). Heat through. Add cumin, chili-powder (or cheyenne) & salt. Stir well. Add to whole wheat tortillas & top w/ cheese, tomatoes, sprouts & avocado. Wrap like burrito & serve!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA! I laughed when i saw it had beans. :)

    Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete