Monday, September 20, 2010

Chicken Pita's

Sorry girls --- no pictures -- I've passed this along to Robin, so I thought I'd pass it along to everyone else. I just made this for dinner last night & it's one of my favorites!

1/2 pound (or so) cooked chicken cubed
1 hard boiled egg (sometimes I leave this out)
1 cup chopped broccoli
1/3 c cooked rice (I used brown & sometimes use a little more like 1/2 c)
1/2 c sliced black olives
1 whole avacado cubed
2 tomatoes cut in small cubes
1/2 c shredded cheese (sometimes I leave this out, but use cheddar when I keep)
1/2 cup mayo (I used light)
2 TB dijion mustard
2 TB honey
1tsp celery salt or seed
salt/pepper
pita bread

Mix your "dressing" - mayo, mustard, honey & spices.

Cook your rice, chicken, egg, broccoli & chop all in cubes. Make sure these items cool down. I put in a bowl in freezer while preparing all the other items. Mix everything together & load in pita bread.

1 comment: